AUTH IT Compute Cluster Acceptable Use Policy
1. You shall only use the AUTH IT computing resources to perform research or educational work consistent with the stated goals, policies and conditions of use as defined by the AUTH IT Center granting you access.
2. You shall not use the AUTH IT computing resources for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
3. You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
4. You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords). You shall not share them to colleagues, collaborators or support staff.
5. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the Institutional resources or access credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the AUTH IT Center.
6. You must notify the AUTH IT Center of any changes to your Registration Information.
7. Use of the AUTH IT computing resources is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the AUTH IT computing resources will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
8. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed, via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to other organisations cooperating with the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
9. The AUTH IT Center is entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
10. You shall include the following acknowledgement "Results presented in this work have been produced using the AUTH Compute Infrastructure and Resources [and is supported by the EC-funded project PRJ_NAME Grant number XXXXX]", at every research work you publish at international conferences and journals, in case you used the AUTH IT compute infrastructure to run your experiments and obtain your results. You may (or may not) further include the following text "The authors would like to acknowledge the support provided by the Scientific Computing Office throughout the progress of this research work.".
11. Upon request, you may (or may not) provide the AUTH IT with information regarding your research work and results, which is suitable for disclosure for dissemination purposes. Any dissemination documents and material collected will be compiled and disclosed to you prior to public disclosure in order to ensure your agreement beforehand.
12. You shall be friendly, respectful, patient and avoid destructive behaviour (i.e. express oneself in an offensive, aggressive, insensitive or provocative manner) when communicating with the HPC support staff or other users.
13. You are liable for the consequences of you violating any of these conditions of use.